April 24, 2009

Top 10 new 'proverbs' for our new economy

Maybe I have been reading too many investment articles but it seems this ongoing economic crisis keeps providing me with more material for the Friday Funnies. So I was thinking on the economic crisis when it struck me! No the economic crisis didn't strike me, I was struck by the idea that some of our old proverbs just don't fit anymore . . . so here are "Top Ten New proverbs for the economic crisis:
10. A Penny saved is . . .what you get in interest on most savings accounts.
9. Talk is cheap . . . almost as cheap as Nortel and GM shares.
8. Knowing is half the battle. . . but so is losing.
7. History repeats itself.
6. History repeats itself.
5. A person is known by the company he keeps . . . so hold onto your finance stocks and telco's for dividends
4. Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all . . .unless you loved oil stocks last summer
3. A man's home is his castle . . . cold and dark because he can't pay his heat or electricity
2. When the going gets tough . . you get bailed out by the government if you are a big bank or automaker.
1. Ask not what you can do for your country but 'What has my country done to me?'
Happy Friday Everyone!